Unicode question

Greetings non-un*x people!

I would like to ask you something, although the problem I face may be
entirely out of your hands whatsoever:
The other day I was messing with DevC++, a front-end that uses Mingw, the
Win port of GCC. The problem I face is that I was using wchar_t and I
decided I needed of course wcin and wcout.
And lo!, it did not compile, but instead it exited with a message stating
that wcin and wcout are unrecognised functions.
Does GCC fully support wcin and wcout?
If so, I believe the problem lies in Mingw.
Thank you very much for the time and effort spent on GCC, and I hope you
will go on! Thanks for the time reading this, and I hope I could get an
answer to this mail. Keep up the good work!

Philip Alexander Hassialis

...and as I hide my body in the shadows of the night, I still remember a
time when remembering was not illegal.