Re: Problem with '-static' in 3.0 release on AIX

Matt> The broken compiler was not even in the path while I was doing the latest
Matt> compile (though a old version of gcc  2.95.2 was in the path, the build
Matt> process used cc).  Do you think I need to do a slibclean (and possibly a
Matt> reboot) before building the compiler?  Any other ideas?

	I think that you misunderstood me.  The compiler used while
rebuilding GCC is *IRRELEVANT*.  If you *EVER* ran an application with the
broken shared library created by the broken, original build of the
compiler, AIX has cached that broken shared library and you *MUST* run
slibclean.

	Also, the version of GNUPro Assembler that you are using is not
the latest.  I will email you the latest build to see if that helps.

David