Re: [patches] Re: Mode switching for i386 (Was: Re: [patches] Re: better fp truncation sequence on i386)

> On Mon, Jun 25, 2001 at 01:31:11PM +0200, Jan Hubicka wrote:
> > The purpose is, that I don't think I can safely use mode switching to
> > really switch modes before reload would result in wrong truncations
> > if reload decides to spill pseudos in the range mode is switched.
>
> Two solutions.  One, spill in XFmode, which some people have
> wanted for various purposes anyway.  Two, recognize that such
Spilling in the XFmode is about 5 times more expensive, so we shouldnot go for it by default.
> spills will only happen at locations that [SD]Fmode pseudos
> are being manipulated.
These are exactlz places we convert floats to integers, so I don't think
we can manipulate it this way.