Re: templated cmath function instantiation

On Mon, Jun 25, 2001 at 08:05:13PM +0200, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
> And I guess I was the deleter...  It is fine to resurrect it.

Okay.  The only other issue is that __cmath_power is only used when the
c_std scheme is active.  In other shadow{y,ing} schemes, the compiler will
complain that we are explicitly instantiating a template function that was
never declared and for which no primary exists.  We don't currently have
any preprocessor symbols corresponding to the shadowing scheme in use,
so we can't wrap the instantiation in conditionals.

Other than that, the patch is tested (using the bugreport as a testcase)
and ready.

There should probably be an entry in the regression testsuite, but the
problem only appears with -fno-impplicit-templates.  I'm not certain how
to do that.

(Actually, we ought to be making a run of the entire testsuite with
-fno-implicit-templates turned on; that would've caught this earlier.)

Phil

--
Would I had phrases that are not known, utterances that are strange, in
new language that has not been used, free from repetition, not an utterance