Re: 3.0 build failure on AIX (32 vs 64bit issue in mknumeric_limits)

Simon> building 3.0 on AIX fails for me:
Simon> running mknumeric_limits

Simon> Any ideas?  I searched the archives and found a few messages about
Simon> similar 32/64bit issues on AIX, but the fix was not clear to me.

	Yes, this is a known problem.

	The workaround is to configure GCC with --disable-aix64.  The
unfortunate byproduct is that disables 64-bit multilibs for all languages
when the real problem is that V3 unnecessarily queries with a program.  V3
aix64 actually would build correctly if you manually create the 64-bit
limits files and create the stamp file.

	Plesae go tell the libstdc++ developers that they should not
calculate limits by running a program during the build.  I have proposed a
patch, but have not heard any feedback from the V3 developers.

David