RE: Where's the release?

I don't have write access, I'd do it if I could.

-----Original Message-----
From: gcc-owner@gcc.gnu.org [mailto:gcc-owner@gcc.gnu.org]On Behalf Of
Bradley M. Kuhn
Sent: Monday, June 18, 2001 7:50 AM
To: Mark Mitchell
Cc: gcc-sc@goof.com; gcc@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: Where's the release?

Mark Mitchell <mark@codesourcery.com> wrote:

> > The GCC 3.0 release doesn't appear to be in
gnuftp.gnu.org:~ftp/gnu/gcc/.

Please contact <accounts@gnu.org>, they should be able to get you access.

> I did upload the files to alpha.gnu.org and send mail to ftp-upload, as
> you requested.

It looks like it's gone up, and hit the mirrors, so that got done in the
nick of time.

However....

I am ready to send the press release, but the page:

         http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/releases.html

has not been updated.  This page is in the press release.

It appears that:

       http://gcc.gnu.org/releases.html

hasn't been updated either, and that the www.gnu.org/software/gcc page
mirrors from there.

Can someone please change at least the gcc.gnu.org pages?  I have no idea
where I would go to change them, and they need to be changed before I can
release the press release!

Someone please do this in the next hour; the staff at the FSF is waiting
for my go-ahead to send out the press release, and I have to leave to get
on a plane in one hour.

   -- bkuhn