Re: mandatory named patterns

At 4:57 PM -0400 6/12/01, Bahman Sistany wrote:

>When doing a port certain named patterns like the movM patterns are
>mandatory to define. Is there a list of them somewhere? (don't see it in
>the "Using and porting" doc)
>Also, what is meant by mandatory? will the compiler abort if they are
>not defined? (my assumption)

	In many cases, the compiler won't COMPILE.  There will be places that
	access the operator optables without a HAVE_xxxx guard.

	I know for a fact that the compiler won't compile without one of the shift operators, (arithmetic
	right shift, if I remember correctly).

	I also doubt the compiler will work if there's not an addM3 pattern, for at least some mode.

>Thanks,
> Bahman

		    Quality Software Management
		http://home.earthlink.net/users/~qsmgmt
			apl@alum.mit.edu
			(978)287-0435 Voice
			(978)808-6836 Cell
			(978)287-0436 Fax

	Software Process Improvement and Management Consulting
	     Language Design and Compiler Implementation