Re: Reapply patch lost during recent "blind import" of libtool

> I'm not sure what security risks there would be with allowing ssh to
> propagate X connections.

Better not go down this path.  What about the commit log?  Is that passed
to the commit checker?  Then the user can put a 'magic' keyword there.
E.g. like some shutdown scripts - give a reason why you really want this.

> > > Another alternative I like is to get the commit script to test the
> > > version numbers, at least in ltconfig and ltmain.sh, and make sure
> Yes, doing that might deadlock.
> However, if you use `cvs -n update', I think it should be OK.
> Of course, that still leaves the problem of filling in
> "UNKNOWN-WHAT-GOES-HERE".

How about just keeping the last version of ltconfig / ltmain.sh around on
the host that does the checking?