Re: g++ vs CC solaris compile

On Tue, Jun 05, 2001 at 06:40:14PM -0700, Nevenka Bierny wrote:
> I'm trying to compile code with CC on solaris, linking to a library compiled
> with g++. This is so that our customers can use either g++ or CC to compile
> their code given the library we send them.  The compile is fine, but the
> code core dumps when I run it.
>
> How can I find out what the compilers compile differently?

I don't think you can do what you want. The ABI the compilers use for
the libraries is different. As far as I know, I don't think you can
mix C++ libraries compiled on *any* two compilers.

So, You'll have to provide two different libraries, one for G++ and
one for CC. And, make sure that different versions of CC can handle
the same library :)

--
albert chin (china@thewrittenword.com)