Re: Finding Aliasing Bugs

<<Which is an inconvenience for people not prepared to deal with the
issue.

People who are not prepared to write C, and want instead to write in
some incompatible dialect should be pleased to find that GNU C is
prepared to handle their incompatible dialect, but it is a bit
unreasonable to expect this odd mode to be the default.

As for warnings, this is really not possible in any reasonable way, are
you making this suggestion knowing about how the optimization circuits
work, or is it just a suggestion that seems reasonable in the absence
of this knowledge? I ask because I would be a bit surprised if you
know the internals and think this can be done -- you must have some
idea worth sharing about how to do it.