Re: How would *you* use an intern?

> Subject: Re: How would *you* use an intern?

I keep thinking of the Dilbert strip where Asok was introduced, and in
the last panel Alice shouts from her cubicle, "I spilled some coffee.
Somebody toss me that intern!"  :-)

> For instance, an
> easy thing might be to add some sort of structure to GCC's errors
> and warnings,

Gabriel Dos Reis had some rewrite of the diagnostics routines planned.
I think he was going to break them down into categories, including
"informational" messages (e.g., "by the way, we're using this conversion
sequence, which you maybe weren't expecting").  You could check with him
on this one.

I'd like structure and highlighting along the lines of

    http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/libstdc++/2000-q2/msg00318.html

(hmmm, then we'd be sending the wine to your intern :-)

Phil