Re: PATCH for Re: bad link (on http://gcc.gnu.org/install/specific.html#mips*-sgi-irix6)

On Mon, May 28, 2001 at 09:49:45AM +0200, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
> On Sun, 27 May 2001, Erik Mouw wrote:
> > Go to freeware.sgi.com, click 'Alphabetical', click 'gcc' (not the inst
> > package, but the description). It should be available over there (if it
> > mentions my name in it, you got the right page).
>
> Thanks!
>
> I installed the following patch for the GCC 3.0 release branch and on
> the GCC mainline. (Note that the web pages won't be updated automatically
> yet, but that's something I should have resolved by the end of the week.)

Not completely the correct URL, but sgi is reachable again so I can
look it up. This is the correct one:

  http://freeware.sgi.com/Installable/gcc-2.95.2-sgipl1.html

The top of that page is about gcc-2.95.2, but it also notes that you
need the IRIX assembler and linker which is still valid for gcc-3.0.
The second part about troubleshooting and known bugs is the most
important.

Erik

Phone: +31-15-2783635  Fax: +31-15-2781843  Email: J.A.K.Mouw@its.tudelft.nl