Re: 3.0 -finline-limit and c++

    Teemu> At least in my mind, this is not very desirable effect, and
    Teemu> makes -finline-limit quite useless, other than incresing

Your approach is unsafe in that you can have a very, very long (even
exponentially long) series of small inline functions that together
produce a very, very huge function.

The current tree-based inlining heuristics are not ideal -- but they
do go a long ways towards making sure that we have non-infinite
compile-times.  I don't think we should change them from GCC 3.0,
unless we come up with something that is better in all cases.