Re: Troubling bootstrap information

Daniel Berlin <dan@cgsoftware.com> writes:

> I'm not sure whether the kernel changed, or gcc changed, but i noticed
> this one myself a few days ago.

As far as I can tell, it never worked, but perhaps Andrew Haley tested
it on a machine with hacked kernel headers.

> __SIGNAL_FRAMESIZE is in asm/ptrace.h on 2.4.5-pre3 (dunno about other
> versions).
> However, it's also protected by an #ifdef __KERNEL, so we never see
> it, even if this file gets included.
>
> I added the hack to #define __KERNEL__, include asm/ptrace.h, and
> #undef __KERNEL__. This works fine.

Ugh.  This is likely to break in future glibc revisions.

> However, i'm not sure what the real fix is, besides using some other
> macro or something.

I hard-coded the constant.  If we use the constant in libgcc, it can't
be changed ever anyway.

--
- Geoffrey Keating <geoffk@geoffk.org>