Installing GCC on Solaris without existing compiler - reprise

I'm trying to compile the GCC 2.95.3 source code on Solaris 2.6, but don't
have an existing C compiler to "bootstrap" the compilation. I also want to
install GCC into my home directory and not touch the OS directories - I'm
installing onto a live machine. I've downloaded the GCC binaries from
www.sunshareware.com, but this is installed as a package which insists on
installing in /opt.

Does anyone know where I can get a old binary version of the compiler that
doesn't install as a package - enough for me to get things bootstrapped?

Many thanks

Mark Bradley