MACHINE_STATE_SAVE/RESTORE

Can someone give me a little enlightenment regarding the
MACHINE_STATE_SAVE/RESTORE macros? It says in the comment of i386.h
regarding these:

"Note that ebx, esi, and edi are callee-save, so we don't have to
   preserve them explicitly."

This seems to suggest that the registers saved are the caller saved ones
and not the callee saved ones. Is this correct, it sounds strange to me?

I'm asking because I'm just porting these to x86-64 and I don't want to
save the wrong type.

Bo.

--

     Bo Thorsen                 |   28 Merton Road
     Free software developer    |   Slough, SL1 1QW