Re: Feedback and Suggestions on GCC

On Thu, 10 May 2001, Davis, Roy wrote:
> I was looking for a quick alternative to Microsoft's Visual C++ compiler,
> and tried yours.  And I felt I should give you some feedback on it.
> Unfortunately, this feedback is more negative than positive.  But I will
> give you suggestions on how to address the issues I present to you.

First, GCC cannot configure out of the box on any Windows system without
some supplemental files.

Second, the gcc.gnu.org site has more to do with the development of the
GCC compiler than producing a easy-to-use binary package for any platform.
That's why you find only source code here.

But you may be in luck, other sites specialize in packaging GCC.  See
http://www.mingw.org/ for a Windows toolchain based on GNU GCC.

Jeff