Automake and friends and fastjar

Forgive me in advance ... I'm not automake literate.

In the current 3.0 build, fastjar/jartool.c uses strdup()
which does not exist on all platforms. I was going to
submit the patch, but in this case, I'm not sure where to
begin.

There are two ways to handle this, the easiest is to use
libiberty.a as a dependent library. The harder is to include
the HAVE_STRDUP stuff into jartool.c. In either case the
Makefile.[am|in] need to be modified and this is where I
don't have experience.

Would someone (either online for educational purposes or
offline) walk me through this process so I can better
understand it?

TIA.

Regards,

Mark
--
Mark Klein                                 DIS International, Ltd.
http://www.dis.com                         415-892-8400