Re: (f)lex & poisoned malloc / free in system.h

Hi Kaveh,

On Fri, 4 May 2001, Kaveh R. Ghazi wrote:
> This is new territory since there's no bundled gcc code using {f}lex
> as of today.  For new frontends we'll have to establish something.

        Ah, well - to be fair this was only for an example lexer for the
'toy' language that I just ported to gcc 3.1 [ probably riddling it with
trivial errors in the process ]
( http://primates.ximian.com/~michael/toy-3.1.1.tar.gz )

> I know e.g. that we require bison, and do not support yacc.  So by
> analogy we should say flex is required and lex isn't supported.  This
> has practical benefits in that we don't have to worry about receiving
> problem reports due to buggy proprietary lex implementations.

        Yep.

> Assuming that is acceptable, does the following patch solve the
> problem for you?

	Yes,

	Thanks,

                Michael.