Re: 32->64 bit cross compilers

	I know that Alexandre fixed the PowerPC port well enough that it
does not break with his patches enabled, but I'm not sure how well it
functions with the patches.  These are the patches that use "long long"
for 32->64, right?

	The PowerPC port hasn't been hosted on a 64-bit system and has not
been tuned for 64-bit CONST_INT.  I know that performance is not a
priority for GCC 3.0, but the last time that I was working on 64-bit
hosting, GCC was generating worse code for 64-bit PowerPC than when hosted
in 32-bit mode.  The patch of mine for rs6000_emit_move() that Alexandre
applied along with his patches was the beginning of the fixes.  If 64-bit
PowerPC code generation takes a hit on the branch, we are going to have to
address that before the release.

David