GCC 3.0 Status Report

=====================

Overall
-------

  We are coming down the home stretch.  The only major bit of
  work remaining is the merge of Richard/Benjamin's EH/library
  bits to the branch.  Richard, Benjamin, when can we expect
  this?

  Other than that, we just need to keep squishing bugs.  We got
  a lot of regressions fixed last week, and there will be more of
  that this week.  For the most part, we're getting successful
  bootstraps on a wide variety of platforms and the stability on
  the branch seems to be improving.

  I would like to prepare a test release in the next week or two
  for wider distribution.

Helping Out

  Lots of people are reporting problems, and there are still
  outstanding high-priority bugs in GNATS.  It would be good
  if people with particular knowledge of particular platforms
  could pitch in to solve problems.  It's difficult for me to
  try to learn whole new architectures just to fix a bug or
  two.

  Please try to focus on the branch, and not on mainline
  development.