Re: Specifying command line arguments in a file?

Matt Hiller wrote:

> On Fri, 27 Apr 2001, Robert Schweikert wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I would like to specify command line options for gcc or ld in a file.
> > All I have found so far by looking at the documentation is that I can
> > write a linker script using the ld command language.
>
>         Why don't you just use a Makefile?

I can't the arguments being used are dynamic and are not known ahead of
time. In addition using a makefile would be completely different from what
is done on other platforms and would required a lot of extra code to
handle this special case. It would be much better if gcc would accept a
command file.

Robert

--
Robert Schweikert                   MAY THE SOURCE BE WITH YOU
                                              LINUX