Hacking EH support for EPOC

Greetings,

Symbian says gcc doesn't support C++ exception handling on EPOC and
indeed when I accidentally tried to link some code that used
exceptions, linking didn't succeed because of missing support
functions.

What exactly is the technical reason why they are not supported?
Is it something in the core gcc, some run-time library or what?  I
would really like to use exceptions in certain code so I began to
wonder whether it would be possible to make them work with
reasonable effort.

--
Hannu
Please don't send copies of list mail