Re: AS/400 Support?

JS> Has gcc been ported to the AS/400?  If so could you point me to where I
JS> could find it?  Thank you.

	Modern AS/400s are based on the PowerPC chip, which GCC supports.

	Programs which run under OS/400, the operating systems for AS/400
(now iSeries), use an intermediate language which the OS translates at
runtime.  GCC does not generate programs for the intermediate language of
OS/400.

	Basically, GCC does support the underlying hardware, but not the
OS/400 OS and environment.

David