Re: GCC 3.0 Status Report

> I have checked that `namespace std { extern "C" int errno; }' is not
> mangled under hpux and I don't see any regressions of the libstdc++
> or g++ testsuite under i686 linux.

Note that libstdc++ on i686 linux doesn't show the original bug,
because errno is a macro on that platform, and the expansion of
that macro uses a function and not a data symbol:

  #define errno (*__errno_location ())

The automated regression checker has native linux and I think that's
why it didn't catch this bug.

The g++ testsuite on native solaris is good for seeing the bug.
I have "std::errno" errors in tests like g++.benjamin/15071.C and
g++.brendan/copy9.C.

Michael