Re: C++ ptrmemfun break if FUNCTION_BOUNDARY < 2 * BITS_PER_UNIT

Alexandre Oliva wrote:

> On Apr  6, 2001, Jim Wilson <wilson@cygnus.com> wrote:
>
> >In article <ork84ys5bq.fsf@guarana.lsd.ic.unicamp.br> you write:
>
> >> The C++ ABI v3 uses the least significant bit of the pfn to tell
> >> non-virtual from virtual functions.

> > There are also targets that use the low-order bit of the PC to determine
> > processor mode.
>
> Good point.  I think this is enough of a reason for us to have a
> target configuration flag to switch between two different
> representations of pointers to member functions.  I wonder how GDB is
> going to be able to tell one representation from the other...  Perhaps
> it's going to have to be hard-coded in GDB?

Remember, nothing in GDB is hard coded (only half :-^).

Either the v3 ABI would need to specify the exact mechanism that is
valid for ISA foo (i.e. GDB would would be wired to assume that all MIPS
use mechanism XYZ) or the debug/object info would need to describe the
mechanism being used so that GDB could adjust its self accordingly.

	Andrew