Re: Libgcc symbols

On Apr 16, 2001, kenner@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu (Richard Kenner) wrote:

>> It was used in builtin setjmp support to get GP properly restored on
>> machines where it was needed.  I don't see it in the current
>> sources, so I'm curious how this was done instead.

>     builtin_setjmp_receiver

> Yes, I know that's where this sort of thing is supposed to be done, but
> as far as I know, there's no way in the MIPS assembler (for O32 calling
> convention) to actually *do* the GP restore.

Oh, I didn't realize you were talking specifically about MIPS.  I
suppose GP may have to be stored in the stack frame somewhere, by
builtin_setjmp_setup or the function prologue, so that
builtin_setjmp_receiver can restore it.  But then, I know very little
of MIPS calling conventions, so there may even be a reason why this
would be impossible to do.