Re: Code motion around labels

On Sun, Apr 15, 2001 at 08:42:03AM -0400, dewar@gnat.com wrote:
> Also this work raises all sorts of technical issues. for example, the Ada
> implementation of zero cost exceptions on the x86 does not require external
> tables, so we have to look carefully at the (rather considerable) cost
> of going to the use of unwind tables on this target.

The cost of the tables has gone down with the new eh implementation.

> Another issue is that the existing scheme does not quite handle Ada semantics
> completely, and yes, of course the right thing is to modify it so that it
> does, being careful not to discombobulate g++.

Please examine the ia64 exception spec that is now implemented.

  http://www.codesourcery.com/cxx-abi/abi-eh.html

The problems with language semantics that we had previously is
no longer an issue.  Each unit of translation provides a
"personality" routine that controls all the semantics.

r~