Re: Reapply patch lost during recent "blind import" of libtool

On Apr 11, 2001, Mark Mitchell <mark@codesourcery.com> wrote:

> [...]
Loren> However, I do blame our policy of allowing "blind imports"

> I don't know that we have such a policy, except for a few things (like
> config.guess) that are never changed in the GCC tree itself.

> I agree with you that we shouldn't be doing blind imports in general.

> In this particular case, I would have much preferred that the libtool
> upgrade be done using the usual cvs/rcs merge techniques, rather than
> simply the "blind import" method.

I'd much rather have local annotations of GCC-local changes, if
they're at all needed.  I did look for such marks before importing the
new version of libtool, and found none.

I'll check in Loren's patch in the libtool tree, and then update the
copy of these files in the GCC version, from the libtool CVS tree.