Errors bootstrapping CVS gcc on sparc-sun-solaris2.8

Hi there,

I'm having some problems building gcc from CVS.  This is what I did
(source is in ~/cvs/gcc):

cvs/gcc> ./configure --srcdir=`pwd` --enable-languages=c++,java
cvs/gcc> make bootstrap

It seems to have built mostly fine, except that it eventually goes into
the sparc-sun-solaris2.8/* directories and tries compiling stuff in there
(for example boehm-gc).  I'm confused why the make scripts seemed to copy
large chunks of source into this directory.  Is this intentional, or did
something break during the build process?

It seems really strange to have a gcc/libiberty/*.[co] and also have a
gcc/sparc-sun-solaris2.8/libiberty/*.[co] as well.

Does anyone know what could be the problem?  Would building in a
seperate 'objdir' fix this problem?

Thanks,

-Chris