Re: gcc for winders

> > Please consider that most of up do not live in your house, so we are
> > not constantly aware of where you put all your stuff.  If you want
> > something to be found, it's usually a good idea to make it visible,
> > and not encumber it with complicated dependances.
>
> Hmm...  Is the `binaries' link at gcc.gnu.org really that hard to
> find? :-)

Evidently, for at least one person it was.  We may have to think about
how to make the web site more beginner-friendly.  To the person who had
trouble: any suggestions?

One item: if the user clicks "download" and goes to the releases.html
page, it is not made clear enough to beginners that these are source
code releases, and that they are of no use to people who don't already
have a compiler on their system and who don't feel comfortable with
building code from source.