Re: gcc for winders

On Mar 30, 2001, "TEETER,VINCE (HP-USA,ex1)" <vince_teeter@hp.com> wrote:

> Once upon a time, there was a version of gcc for Microsoft Windows
> platforms.

Actually, there are at least 3: Cygwin, Mingw and DJGPP.

> Yes I found this Cygnus site.  It isn't very specific what platform it's for
> and since it seems to be imprinted with Red Hat, and the packages are tar.gz
> files, it doesn't look like Microsoft

sources.redhat.com/cygwin says:

        The Cygwin tools are ports of the popular GNU development
        tools and utilities for Windows 95, 98, and NT.

Hmm...  How could it have been clearer?

> Please consider that most of up do not live in your house, so we are
> not constantly aware of where you put all your stuff.  If you want
> something to be found, it's usually a good idea to make it visible,
> and not encumber it with complicated dependances.

Hmm...  Is the `binaries' link at gcc.gnu.org really that hard to
find? :-)