GCC 3.0 Open Issues List feedback

On the Open Issues list you have:
o Should we eliminate setjmp/longjmp exception-handling?

I hope that this functionality remains available, if for no other reason
than legacy code compilation.  I have not read the C99 standard, so I
am not aware of any other exception handling mechanism available to C
that would achieve the same functionality.  (If there is one, I apologize,
and am curious to know what it is...)

Thanks,
John

--