Re: "Actual Bugs" in gcc.texi

On Tue, Mar 20, 2001 at 09:43:48AM +0000, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
> The @code{fixincludes} script interacts badly with automounters; if the
> directory of system header files is automounted, it tends to be
> unmounted while @code{fixincludes} is running.  This would seem to be a
> bug in the automounter.

This probably isn't a problem any more since the new fixincludes
mechanism is so much faster than before.  It is still a problem
on occasion with (at least some versions of) amd and make check.

> We don't know any good way to work around it.

Open up a second xterm (screen, login session, whatever), and cd
into $srcdir/gcc/testsuite/.  The live process with a cwd on the
automounted filesystem will keep the thing from being unmounted
in the middle of the test run.

> Loop unrolling doesn't work properly for certain C++ programs.  This is
> a bug in the C++ front end.  It sometimes emits incorrect debug info, and
> the loop unrolling code is unable to recover from this error.

It was probably a bug in the BLOCK manipulation code, which has
been completely rewritten since.

r~