Re: i386 backend

David Rasmussen wrote:
> My problem is that I don't even know that it is in this function that gcc
> differs from the others. It might another place altogether. I not only have
> one critical funtction in this program. The program is rather complex in
> terms of optimizing. It is hard to isolate problems to just one function.
> There are about 10 critical functions that accounts for 90% of the time, and
> they are interrelated in a very complex manner.

You should be able to run the program under a profiler, which would show
which of the 10 functions are using more time with GCC than with other
compilers.  Then provide the source and assembly output of the functions
which really stand out.

The behaviour of the program is deterministic, isn't it?

-- Jamie