Re: i386 backend

<<I like gcc, but I'm not using it anymore, since I need all the performance I
can get in my domain, and MSVC++ generated code is about 30% faster than
that of gcc, while Intel's is 40-50% faster.

What is being done to address these issues, if anything?

It is not easy to address vague reports like this. What would be helpful
is some detailed examples with behcnmark results and analyses of
why the differences are there. It is also important to know exactly what
optimization options you used/tried on both compilers.

Generally when you compare two compilers, there will always be cases
whre one compiler is faster than another (in both directions). To
known whether a given instance is something that is useful to study
further, you need the example to look at!