Re: branch bootstrap breakage in new DECL_RTL

On Thu, 15 Mar 2001, Robert Lipe wrote:

  I've concluded that warnings are like rats.  If you have
  thirty, forty doesn't seem so bad.  The difference between forty
  and a hundred is hardly noticable.  However, the difference between
  zero and one is quite noticable.

  If you take action immediately and keep it at zero, life is much
  more pleasant.   It's just plain easier to enforce a "zero tolerance"
  plan.

For GNAT, we compile the compiler itself with flags that cause
style checking (like proper indenting, spacing around operators
and parens), and makes all warnings into errors.

This works fine. OK, it is some work to do this initially, but
it is *much* easier to keep the warning-count at zero.

  -Geert