Re: HP-UX 11.0 bootstrap

  In message <20010314224013.A25648@verona.globe-tec.de>you write:
  > Hello everybody,
  >
  > I tried to bootstrap yesterdays gcc-3_0-branch on HP-UX 11.0 (using the
  > native compiler). The system is HP-UX with only the Y2K patches and gmake
  > installed apart from the standard installation.
  >
  > The bootstrap ended with a lot of differing files:
Are you using the HP assembler?  If so, this is normal (and unavoidable)
as it embeds a timestamp in each object file.

You'd want to use gas anyway since it allows you to debug programs compiled
with gcc and there are certain well-formed programs which can not be
properly assembled by the lame HP assembler.
jeff