Re: Which version of gdb supports gcc 3.0 ABI?

If all you need is symbol demangling use the current 'src' module on
sources.redhat.com.

The combination of gdb and g++ has been broken for any serious C++
debugging for quite some time now. I'm not quite sure it's all gdb's
fault. For months I've tried to explain to Daniel that seeing const
static data members in template base classes is a basic requirement,
not an advanced feature. Basically, gdb and g++ don't play nicely
together WRT static data: the end result is that any/all static data
is invisible or 0x when you look at code through gdb's eyes. Looking
at objects that have inheritance invariably leads to "virtual base
class botch" messages in gdb. Printing member functions from even
simple classes is hopeless. Trying to probe nested objects is an
exercise in futility.

People say patches will get in "real soon now" but they never gets
checked in. Thus, the public vent.

use 'printf' and 'gcc -s -O0'

:(

I could see some (not all) data objects around 2001-01-15, but since
then it's been an exercise in frustration.

-benjamin