Re: Solaris bootstrap failure

    I am still narrowing this down.  The current likely patch appears to
    be:

  2001-02-08  Richard Henderson  <rth@redhat.com>

	  * config/sparc/sparc.c (function_arg_record_value_3): Fix
	  calculation of the number of integer registers required.
	  (function_arg_record_value): Likewise.

    I'm not sure *why* that would cause the problem, but it is at least a
    sparc.c patch.  The other patches in my current binary search area
    appear to be much more unlikely.

That patch only applies to Sparc64 and also only when a function
returns a structure containing a mix of FP and integer fields, if I
remember correctly.  So I strongly doubt that can be the problem.