Re: config GCC back end

>     We have designed our own CPU in our lab. Now the problem is how
> we can make GCC output assembly code for our CPU. Would someone
> describe the steps of configuration in detail?

Having done this before (back when I, too, was a gcc newbie), the only
real advice I can give is this: read the manual.  In "Using and
Porting GCC" there are two significant chapters: Machine Descriptions,
and Target Description Macros.  These two will get you 99% of the way
there, but it requires painstakingly methodical progress to get it
right.  You will probably encounter items that aren't documented well
enough and will have to review their usage in the sources to determine
exactly what you need to do; note those and please submit doc updates
for them.  Make sure you have the latest docs; build them from the gcc
cvs sources.

Your tools in this endeavor (besides a debugger) are debug_rtl() and
the "-dap" option to cc1.

And, most of all, looking at other backends and asking for help is
*not* cheating ;-)