Re: Snapshots

On Tue, 6 Mar 2001, Jeffrey A Law wrote:

> I did the script twiddling and ran a snapshot yesterday.  They'll be
> running out of crontab again starting next week.

The gccadmin crontab, or your personal one?  The former is clearly
preferable if anyone else with appropriate access should wish to work on
cleaning up the snapshot/release scripts.  (Though I can't find any sign
of an actual announcement of gccadmin, what it's to be used for and by
whom, where mail generated by output from its cron jobs goes, etc. - the
"subsequent mail" mentioned by Mark Mitchell in
<URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2001-02/msg00626.html> - at least not on
the public GCC lists rather than overseers.)  But given an actual
statement of for what gccadmin should be used - and given someone else
more familiar with doing these things with CVS handling any auto-checkout
arrangements - and given the currently used scripts working from the
gccadmin account - I'm more likely to work on such things as snapshot
scripts.

--
Joseph S. Myers
jsm28@cam.ac.uk