Re: RFC -- update_equiv_regs and friends

  In message <200103040511.AAA05192@jwlab.FEITH.COM>you write:
  > I'm not sure I see the problem.  I assume we're talking about REG_EQUIV
  > which is suppose to be true throughout the function.  They are created
  > from the REG_EQUAL notes if rtx_varies_p is false.
Correct.  But consider if the MEM is marked as unchanging and/or the address
for the MEM is a LO_SUM expression.  [ Which is how loads from the DLT/GOT
are represented on the PA.

  > be creating a REG_EQUIV note which mention dying registers.  The
  > problem is that operand 0 of a LO_SUM isn't currently checked by
  > rtx_varies_p.
Right.  And one of the potential solutions to this instance of the problem
is to not treat that operand of LO_SUM specially.  What I've been trying
to figure out in my copious spare time is whether or not removal of the
special treatment of LO_SUM will fix all instances of this problem.  I'll
be reviewing update_equiv_regs again after reading through the messages on
this thread again.

  > Are you talking about REG_EQUIV notes created prior to update_equiv_regs?
Nope.  Just those created by update_equiv_regs.
jeff