Downloading and installing Fortran 77 Free Software

Hello there at GNU.

I need a Fortran applications program.  It doesn't have to be the latest and
greatest Fortran compiler; it just has to run standard ANSI Fortran 77
programs.  Several persons have directed me to GNU.  I have been studying all
the info on your GCC homepage and am terribly confused about what and how to
download the correct files that would give me a Fortran program that would
work with Windows 95 on my COMPAQ Pressario  PC.

I would like to put in place a Fortran applications program that 1) I could
activate by double clicking on the icon in Windows; 2) create Fortran
programs in a word processor program and save them in a file;  3) load those
programs into the Fortran window and run them; and 4) get the output either
to the screen or to my printer.

Is this something that GNU can do for me?  And if it can, can you walk me
through the steps necessary to get the job done?

Although I run some fairly sophisticated applications programs on my PC, I am
not familiar with its operating systems.

Sincerely

John Reinmann

email:       jreinmann524@aol.com
Address:  3310 Fairhill Drive,   Rocky River, OH  44116,  USA
Phone:     440 331 0428