RE: Grief with Dejagnu; Testing gcc 2.95.3.test4 on SCO OS5.0.4

> From: David Korn <dkorn@pixelpower.com>
> Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 10:25:18 -0000

> The problem is that nobody is really sure what the problem is

I can say that with 100% (+/- 4%) certainty, that when I had this type
of problem, and I replaced the RAM, that it went away 100% (+/- 1%) of
the time.  The problem was 100% (+/- 20%) repeatable before being
fixed.

Pretty clear to me what the problem was, and what the solution was.

Though, like you, I want people to send a non-working box to the folks
at HP, and have them hook up one of their whiz bang LA to it, and
trace out what's going on, and then to design up a test system to spot
these problems before whatever part is out of spec goes out the door
from the factory and then HP can sell it to all the players in the
business.  :-(