RE: Grief with Dejagnu; Testing gcc 2.95.3.test4 on SCO OS5.0.4

At 10:25 AM 2/27/2001 +0000, David Korn wrote:

>   The problem is that nobody is really sure what the problem is, and
>whether there's just one problem or a variety of similar ones, and it's
>very difficult to reproduce because even when it happens reliably (ie.
>you can type 'make' over and over and it bombs at the same point each
>time) it tends to go away the moment you try and get the debugger on it.
>I would really like to know what's going on and if anyone would like
>to lend me a gigaherz range 100-channel logic analyzer for a few months
>I'll try and capture the event happening!

The SCO OpenServer 5.0.4 assembler very reliably bombs on exception.cc in
gcc-2.95,
but this is fixed in 5.0.5. It might be worthwhile to do some brainpicking
with the SCO developers who fixed this to see if the solution has a more
general application.