Re: A completely different approach to EH runtime

On Thu, Feb 22, 2001 at 12:15:36AM -0800, Zack Weinberg wrote:

> What I'm saying is that I think that 'given N libraries with the same
> soname, choose the one that satisfies all the symbol version
> requirements' should be the semantic of GNU symbol versioning.  I
> recognize that it's not that way now, but it should not be hard to
> change.

I don't think so. It sounds like you have very few clues about GNU
symbol versioning. Please drop it now unless you come up an
implementation. As a person who has been working on glibc and
binutils for GNU symbol versioning, I won't recommend you to
try it. Ask Ian and Ulrich if you want more opinions on that.

--
H.J. Lu (hjl@valinux.com)