Re: A completely different approach to EH runtime

On Wed, Feb 21, 2001 at 12:57:53PM -0500, David Edelsohn wrote:

> Hidvegi> If I understand this correctly, this would mean that you cannot load a
> Hidvegi> g++ compiled module dynamically from a program that was not compiled
> Hidvegi> with gcc.
>
> 	Yes.  This is a serious problem with Zack's proposal.  It means
> that G++-produced shared objects could not be loaded through Java JNI, for
> example.

That does look like a show-stopper.  Drat.

Hm, the whole problem is that there has to be exactly one copy of the
global data in _eh.o and frame.o.  Could we bodge up something with
unique weak symbols so that (at least on some platforms) there'd be
only one copy of the global frame data no matter how many times the
library got dragged in?

zw