Re: mknumeric_limits

Jeff, I will admit to not being totally on top of this bit of libstdc++-v3.
Gaby knows this code the best.

I think the bits you are talking to might be overly complex vestigual
elements from when libstdc++-v3 was a separate project. A new, simpler
approach might work. From looking at the ChangeLog-2000 entries for
mknumeric_limits it seems like the -nostdlib bits have always caused
problems for HPUX.

>   > Sometimes we have to use g++ instead of gcc because of __cplusplus
>   > defines in headers. That's the case for the acinclude.m4 bits.
> But I don't think that using gcc for just the link step would affect
> that.  And using gcc instead of g++ would allow most (all?) of the crud
> in the switch statement I pointed out to go away.

Ok. Can you post a patch?

-benjamin