GCC 3.0 Status

At our company meeting this morning, it was suggested that I send out
a weekly announcement regarding the state of GCC 3.0.  I think that's
a terrific idea, so here's the first status report.  I'll try to keep
these coming until the release is out the door.

GCC 3.0 Status Report
=====================

Overall
-------

  We have branched for the release.  We believe that most (if not all)
  necessary functionality is provided on the 3.0 release branch.

  At this time, the focus is on analyzing reports filed in the GNATS
  database to find regressions from GCC 2.95.2.  Any such regressions
  must be fixed before the release.

Bug Status
----------

  As of a week ago, there were 958 open bugs.  There are now 928 open
  bugs.

  We have volunteers to look at 228 of these 958 bugs.  Clearly, we
  need more volunteer assistance.  Many of the remaining bugs are C++
  bugs, but many of them are not.  If you have not yet volunteered,
  please read:

    http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2001-02/msg00405.html

  Then, to volunteer, please send mail to `mark@codesourcery.com'.  I
  am maintaining a master list of the bugs that have been processed
  so that we can avoid duplication.

Tasks Remaining
---------------

Create Release Branch: